Monday, June 29, 2009

Hand Painted Glass Tutorial


Here are the finished pieces. They look like little jewels don't they? I hope you can see the different effects with the 4 different flood coats that I used. I have tried using brushes, sponges and feathers to get different effects, but always return to my fingers. Mostly because the "tools" make the pieces look too uniform and the cut pieces all turn out the same. The last piece of green painted glass is a sample of the Press and Swirl pattern I use when I keep the pieces in the large 1" size. You have to mix it up a little more. If you are going to apply the glass onto a mirror surface, just use step 1 & 2 so you can see through to the mirror. I use regular white Elmer's glue to adhere. Then grout when the piece is dry. Remember if you are in a hurry, use a hand held hair dryer to dry the layers of paint. Don't get to close, or the paint will blister. HAVE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment