Tuesday, May 12, 2009

She Loves It!

Love it, Love it, Love it!!! I called my electrician and I am to call back on Monday to get someone back out there to move the one outlet. You were correct. It is above the gas cooktop! I'm so glad you noticed!! Will you please send me color pictures of tile: turquoise, red, yellow, orange, green, etc. so we are on the same page for color. Again.... I Love, Love, Love, Love, Love it!!!! You're the greatest!!!!! Have a terrific weekend and keep thinking health! Love ya, D

This is t
he email I received from my client and well.........I guess she likes it!

I have sent a suggested color scheme to the customer in
advance and while waiting for her approval of the layout I have been busy cutting and nipping the tile. The tiles come 4" x 4" and I cut them down to 1" squares on a wet saw. Then I nip by hand each 1" square down to the 4 micro mosaic pieces.














Now that the client has approved the layout (there may be a re-do on the far right panel due to a misplaced electrical outlet) I will transfer the images to a "mesh" type material. I place wax or parchment paper under the mesh to prevent the project from sticking to my worktable when gluing the tiles down.



Here is a close-up of the mesh I use. You can find it
at any upholstery fabric store. Be sure to test the
strength of the mesh. If you can tear it, it is not
strong enough.




Finally!..........I
get to start laying (gluing) down tile. A photo will be sent each day via email to my customer in Texas (remember I am in Mexico) for approval and we are off and running!



















No comments:

Post a Comment